Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Zanmai Pasta


Last saturday, I met up with my friends from Sabah...Marina and Julia. They were in KL for the weekends. It was great meeting up with them again.....furthermore, all three of us worked together once in KK. So you can imagine the chaos we created in the office...hehe

Me and Alex brought them for dinner at Zanmai Pasta at 1 Utama shopping mall, Damansara. The restaurant serves a fusion of pasta and japanese food. I was kind of surprise that the restaurant was packed with people coz the last time I went there it was kind of empty. It must have been due to the popularity they got when their restaurant was published in The Star newspaper recently and that the food is quite good.

So these are the food that we ordered...


Marina ordered sashimi set with pasta.
The set includes salad and miso soup. She got two sets of salad.


I ordered Chicken Katsudon with pasta in white sesame sauce.
My verdict...it was quite yummy and the potion was big.

Alex ordered Hambug with tomato sauce set.
It was actually two big pieces of beef pattie burger covered with delicious tomato sauce. Hehe...actually my kind of food. It taste great.

Julia ordered fried rice covered with omellete and with tomato paste.
She was not so happy with the food taste....Julia is actually half japanese so she should know what it should taste like. She said, if in Japan...the egg should actually melt in your mouth. I did tried the rice and I agreed with her coz I thought the rice was a bit soggy and furthermore Julia was not happy that the fried rice has capsicum in it. Our verdict....the taste is just moderate but food presentation was interesting.


We also ordered Tiramisu and Fruit Parfait for our desert. I love the Tiramisu...yummy....

Me, Alex, Marina and Julia at Zanmai Pasta


Zanmai Pasta
G210B, Ground Floor Promenade,1 Utama Shopping Centre,No 1, Lebuh Bandar Utama,Bandar Utama Damansara,47800 Petaling Jaya.

TEL: 03 - 7728 1210

FAX: 03 - 7728 1210

MOBILE: 012 - 507 1210

BUSSINESS HOURS

Sun - Thurs 10.00am - 10.00pm

Fri - Sat 10.00am - 10.30pm




4 comments:

Just plain Sharon said...

the food looks enticing! shud give it a try. We'll be there end of March. Hopefully we could meet up.

Alexia D. Pacis said...

Aha!! There's a potential job there! a Food Critic!! You can try different types of food and comment on their food!! Start a food publication paper! Errr... Call it..Genny Gourmet Gazette! 3G!! lol

Genny said...

Hi Sharon! When are u arriving? Actually my baby is due end of March...so I dunno if could meet up or not. I am eager to meet up with u also but see lah how is my condition. Haha...worse coming to worse...u can visit me at the hospital and see the baby

Genny said...

Food critic??...lol...that would be interesting.